- Peek at the Week: Event lineup June 17-23Posted 2 days ago
- Sip, Shop & Get Styled: June 29!Posted 5 days ago
- Canada Fest at Meehan’s Midtown: June 29!Posted 8 days ago
- Celebrate Summer with us at ‘The Staysh’!Posted 12 days ago
- Chef Shaun Doty Cracks Open Chick-a-Biddy!Posted 12 days ago
- A grand slam: The BB&T Atlanta tourney returns!Posted 14 days ago
- Coming Soon: Regal’s Movie Makeover!Posted 15 days ago
- Whip into shape with Camp Gladiator in Central Park!Posted 19 days ago
- Power to the ‘People’s Fest’: June 22!Posted 19 days ago
- Atlantic Station and our owner/operator love to be social with you!Posted 19 days ago
- Help City of Refuge win $50K in playground turf!Posted 21 days ago
- Match up to fight against blood cancers: June 15!Posted 21 days ago
‘For The Kid in All of Us’ aims to fill 1,500 backpacks at Piedmont Park July 28
Non-profit organization to host ‘Backpack in the Park” event in Midtown.
For the Kid in All of Us, an Atlanta-based non-profit organization whose mission it is to brighten the lives of Georgia’s children in need, will present the 7th annual Backpack in the Park on Saturday, July 28, 4-7 PM, in Atlanta’s Piedmont Park at the Greystone special event facility.
The 7th annual Backpack in the Park, a community picnic and back-to-school benefit event, seeks to top last year’s record when more than 1,200 backpacks, filled with school supplies and gift cards were collected.
WHO: For the Kid in All of Us, “Backpack in the Park” event.
WHAT: Complimentary food and beverages, fun activities for people of all ages, a performance by Drama Tech Theater group and a balloon wall with tons of prizes. Popular local DJ Vicki Powell will be on hand to keep the party going.
WHEN: Saturday, July 28, 4-7PM
WHERE: Greystone at Piedmont Park.
WHY: Collect at least 1,500 backpacks filled with school supplies to help local students!
HOW: To attend, please bring a new unwrapped backpack filled with school supplies or a gift card valued at $35 or more.
PARKING: Paid parking is available at Piedmont Park in the SAGE parking deck.
“With each year we host Backpack in the Park, the need gets greater – and this year we have raised the bar again,” said Alison Hall, president of For the Kid in All of Us, in a press release.
“Our goal is to collect at least 1,500 backpacks filled with school supplies to help local students start the new school year on the right foot, with all the supplies and tools they need to be successful.”
Please visit www.FortheKid.org for a complete list of required school supplies.