- Peek at the Week: July 21-27
- Party in the Park Aug. 9 at “Back To School Bash”
- Movies in Central Park: Wimbledon
- Peek at the Week: July 14-20
- Movies in Central Park: Star Trek
- Movies in Central Park: Citizen Architect
- Peek at the Week: July 7-13
- Garnish & Gather: Now at Atlantic Station!
- Look for the LOVE during BB&T Atlanta Open!
- Atlanta Bar-B-Q Festival is Back!
- Special Dinner Deals at “Movies in Central Park”
- BB&T Atlanta Open Welcomes Herschel Walker
Atlantic Station announces smoking ban in public areas
Overwhelming support voiced via Social Media.
North American Properties and CBRE Global Investors will soon begin enforcing a smoking ban in public areas of Atlantic Station, its mixed-use development and one of the city’s most prominent attractions located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta.
Earlier this week, Atlantic Station began asking for opinions on whether to prohibit smoking in the development on its Facebook page and received overwhelming feedback in favor of a smoke-free environment.
Just in time for the BB&T Atlanta Open, smoking will no longer be permitted in Atlantic Station’s common areas, including the Central Park green space and sidewalks.
Non-smoking policies may vary for restaurants with al fresco dining areas. Designated smoking areas, placed around the perimeter of the property in order to continue accommodating all guests, will be identified with “Smoking Spot” signs.
Since acquiring the development in late 2010, North American Properties has used social media as a tool to communicate with the community. Feedback has driven decisions ranging from parking improvements to new retailers to special events.
“We asked the community what they wanted and it was clear they supported a smoke-free shopping and entertainment experience,” said David Anderson, general manger at Atlantic Station.
“We want Atlantic Station to be a place where families can enjoy themselves and we’d love to see Midtown become an even healthier community.”